Perry Hall Christian School, a ministry of Perry Hall Baptist Church, is a PreK-12th grade school of 350 students outside of Baltimore, MD. PHCS is seeking a Lower School Intervention Specialist for the 2021-2022 school year. Applicants must be skilled in practices that address a variety of student needs, including students with exceptionalities, students with deficits in executive functioning skills, and students who require social/emotional support. They should possess the ability to work with teachers in providing the appropriate levels of support for individual students both in the whole class environment as well as in a small group setting. Applicants must have, at minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, Counseling, or a related field. Prior teaching experience and/or state teacher certification is preferred. Candidates who possess a strong, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for Christian education are encouraged to apply.
- Carry a full-time teaching/support load.
- Possess the ability to provide students with a toolkit of strategies to address academic and social/emotional needs.
- Run small group instruction for students in the areas of math, reading, and social/emotional support.
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Invest in students’ lives academically and spiritually.
- Attend faculty meetings, devotions, and professional development opportunities.
- Participate in other duties outside of the classroom as needed.