The Perry Hall Christian School Parent-Student Handbook represents the most recent expression of the policies, procedures, practices, and statements of Perry Hall Christian School. However, the School Board of PHCS reserves the right to modify, augment, or revoke any and all policies, practices, and statements contained in this Handbook at any time.
Statement of Faith
Please read over this statement of faith carefully.
- We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Bible; that it is made up of sixty-six books, and is free from error in doctrine and fact – i.e. inerrant; that is the Word of God and the only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- We believe in the Triune God, eternally existent in three coequal persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19-20
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.John 15:26
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal physical return in power and glory. John 1:14
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that through sin he brought upon himself and his posterity not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings by physical birth possess a sinful nature and therefore are actual sinners in thought, word, and deed; and that man, as such, is condemned to hell and is utterly unable to remedy his lost condition by himself. Genesis 1:26-28
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: the saved to the resurrection of life, and the lost to the resurrection of damnation. John 11:25, 2 Thessalonians 1:9-10
- We believe that the salvation of lost and sinful man is a free gift of God’s grace apart from works, based solely upon Christ’s vicarious and atoning death, affected by the regenerative work of the Holy Spirit, and received by trusting in Christ’s finished work on the cross. John 3:16
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 4:3
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life Psalm 139:1-24
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, and bisexual conduct is sinful and offensive to God.) Genesis 1:26-27. 1 Corinthians 7:2-5, and 6:9-10.
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. Romans 10:9-10
- Finally, we believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Mark 12:28-31
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For the purposes of Perry Hall Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, Perry Hall Baptist Church’s Board of Deacons are the school’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Having read this document, I acknowledge the Perry Hall Christian School Statement of Faith in its entirety. I am fully supportive of PHCS educating my child and conducting its academic and extracurricular programs in accordance with this Statement of Faith.
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For the purposes of Perry Hall Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, Perry Hall Baptist Church’s Elder Board is the school’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.